The site is entirely run by Amazon AWS cloud services. This means it will be accessible 24/7 with minimal downtime and should have a great response time. The minimum support will be 3 years and if the project goes well, we're prepared to take it as far as possible.
New version of the builer available:
- Added units for characters and skills stats
- Added Weapon Mod feature
- Weapons are displayed on 2 columns when possible for better readability
- Adjustments to Tips following the patch 1.09 (Notably a Human Soldier build for Platinum)
- Added a section on how you can do a free contribution
Quality of life improvements:
- Reduced initial loading time
- Reduced initial data transfer (more data friendly for mobile experience)
- Special instructions in tooltips (TAP, HOLD, TAP AGAIN) are now hightlighted for better readability
- Sign In will redirect to your current build instead of the default one
Data for patch 1.09 is NOT integrated, the "data" department is on holiday until July 19th.
Weapon Mods have been released.
Data for patch 1.09 is NOT integrated, the "data" department is on holiday for 2 weeks... We'll see what we can do meanwhile.
New version of the builer available:
- Many adjustments to Tips following the patch 1.08
- Now display a Primer and a Detonator icon on the appropriate evolutions
- Fix skill tree display for mobiles (was way too big)
- Many optimizations in page loading and page size
Character builds from Tips are now available for everyone.
Patch 1.08 has been integrated into the builder (loads of changes).
Tips have been adjusted for the patch 1.08, except builds due to a lack of time.
Tips have been added to Weapons, Equipments and Boosters.
There's also been many changes to loading performance and data transferred.
New features available.
Equipment, Boosters and multiple Character Tips (builds) were included.
Ads have been changed for US/UK. Now signing up for a free trial on Amazon will earn us a bounty. It's an easy way to contribute to this site without having to donate.
Tips feature is now available.
This feature is meant to give you all the information needed to build your character properly.
Many things have changed since patch 1.06, build Tips will start to appear in the coming weeks.
All the new data from patch 1.06 has been integrated in the builder.
Weapons are now available with a filter by tier. Given the new method, old URL builds won't load their weapons in the builder, you'll have to select them again.
Beta version of the Mass Effect: Andromeda builder is now available.
Most of the data presented is already good. We're still in the process of integrating the data, but at this point the builder allows to share builds (copy/paste url) after selecting your character, your skills and your weapons.
Alpha version of the Mass Effect: Andromeda builder is now available.
At this point, the builder will only display information (fillers until we finish importing the data), the remaining features will come later. We just wanted you to have a sneak peak at how things are gonna work.
It's now possible to donate thru PayPal.
Donations serves a few purposes:
- They help keep the site afloat
- They will disable ads beside a couple specific/targeted instances
- Unlock some features faster than their normal rate
We recommend you read about membership on the donation page for a thourough explaination on how donations affect your user experience.
Nobody likes ads, but it is a necessary evil to keep the site afloat. Since there's no good way to talk about ads, we'll just be transparent...
US, Canada and UK will only see ads from Amazon. The Amazon "affiliate" program is really simple:
- Click on the ad and it will open a new tab to the product's page on Amazon
- Buy whatever you want, doesn't even have to be the product you clicked on
- We get a small percentage of any sale concluded (physical goods must be shipped)
The biggest advantage is that the products are "real", relevant and can be bought at a trustable retailer (Amazon).
As for the other users, we serve normal ads from our ad provider. We try to be as discreet as possible. If you have an issue with any of the ads served, please contact us and give us as much details as necessary. It's not ideal, but if the number of visitors from any country grows enough to warrant an affiliate program, we'll gladly try to offer that solution instead.
If you don't want to see any ads, consider becoming a member and donate 1$. It will disable all ads beside a couple specific/targeted instances.
If you use an ad blocker, be aware that some features on the site will take more time to unlock for you. Be sure to read all about it on the Donation page.
Become a member!
It's now possible to become a member on TheThirdRace.com. While it won't change anything right now, in time this will allow you to access different functionalities on the site.
My biggest mod to date is now available on the site. Enjoy!
Hermaeus Mora's Book of Knowlege is now a portable training station. Work mostly like regular trainers without the nonsense associated with them...
New lesser power for our Dovahkin brothers and sisters
My new mod replacing Master Trader is up. This is a complete rewrite of my original idea without most of the limitations and downfalls.
What's better to kick off the site launch with my basic builder for Dark Souls 3?
TheThirdRace.com official launch!
The first steps are to build up a bit of content by relocating my previous things here. Then I'll begin to add a couple options here and there. If all goes well, you should have good surprises over the coming months.